Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Great Camp-Out '08

With fall approaching and cooler weather, we came up with the idea of camping out in the yard. What were we thinking?!?


The evening started out great roasting hot dogs and making s'mores. (Anyone notice Kendall's marshmallow is a little too close to the fire?)

OOPS!!


Kendall even found a pet (which later got lost in the house).



Setting up the tent was fun until I discovered the kids actually wanted to sleep in it all night.



So guess who the designated parent was to stay out all night with Kendall and Will. (I just knew once the first dog barked they would want to come in). All I have to say is - thank goodness for air mattresses!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

How sweet is that? Did you really sleep outside all night? Looks like fun, but it won't be going down in Hendersonville for a long while and when it does, I won't be out there. I'll leave that to the men folk!

cnjwright4 said...

hey cuz, your pics and comments are really wonderful. your family is great. thanks for sharing. i've been inspired! conja

Keeley said...

Too cute!! I hope you had fun sleeping outside. I wanted to let you know about our blog. http://loiseauliving.blogspot.com. You all look so great.

FunWithTheFlowers said...

OMG! That is great to camp in the back yard. Big ups to you for hanging in there with them all night! Yocia